I’m a little late with this review (considering the collection was released almost a month ago) but Youngblood Cosmetics has released their summer collection and let me tell you that it’s absolutely fantastic! They’ve released some staple colors into their line of cream blushes and introduced a new product they’ve dubbed the “mighty lip gel” (we’ll be getting into why it’s so mighty soon) so check out the swatches and actual review below!
“Pink Cashmere”/”Plum Satin” luminous creme blush
- Vitamins C and E brighten the complexion and provide antioxidant protection.
- Allantoin works to reduce redness and soothe inflammation in the skin.
- Can be used as a base to intensify powder blushes or used alone for a youthful glow.
- An oil-free formula that’s suitable for even oily, acne-prone skin (like mine).
Final verdict – 5/5!
The last time I actually got something from Youngblood was when their spring collection was released. I got one of their cream blushes which at the time was new to their line (check out that review here) and I completely fell in love! When I heard that they were coming out with these soft matte colors I had to buy both! Despite being a cream formula the blushes don’t feel greasy…in fact, you can’t even feel them on the skin! That’s not all though; they’re long-wearing, don’t oxidize or change color and add a foolproof glow to any skin type! Honestly, I haven’t left the house without throwing on “pink cashmere” since I bought it…it’s my favorite product right now!
“Unveiled” mighty shiny lip gel
- Jojoba seed oil works to repair dry, chapped lips.
- Meadowfoam seed oil helps to quench the thirst of dehydrated lips.
- Sweet almond oil works to make the lips kissably soft.
- Seriously long-wearing product without the slick and stick of a lot of glosses.
- Petroleum, mineral oil and fragrance-free!
Final verdict – 5/5!
I’m a serious fan of the MAC glosses, and I’m pretty sure most women can say the same! One of the biggest problems I have with them though is that the texture leaves something to be desired…does anyone else find that their lips flake from repeated gloss application (I know, hard life right?)? If you’re in the same boat as me these glosses are nothing like that…they impart a beautiful translucent color that stays put! I’d say I get approximately 30 minutes of wear from a MAC gloss, whereas these glosses last at least 3 times as long with a texture that isn’t sticky but rather rich and hydrating. For all of my fellow gloss addicts, I highly recommend you check this product out!
What’s your favorite product carrying you into the summer?